A trick play — a double pass to the tight end — turns the tide in Washington’s favor. The victory was the Huskies’ first over a ranked opponent on the road since Sarkisian led the 2010 Huskies over No. 18 USC.
- Seattle Seahawks’ Kam Chancellor, K.J. Wright relive frantic Detroit ending
- Chris Gwynn resigns as Mariners’ director of player development
- Video: UW coach Chris Petersen on the Huskies’ upset of USC
- USC’s Steve Sarkisian on loss to the Huskies: ‘This one is on me’
- Seahawks cornerback Cary Williams happy in Seattle
- Sounders’ Lamar Neagle frustrated by inconsistent 2015 season
- Evergreen’s Kenney Bui died of blunt-force trauma to head
- Friday’s poll: How would you grade the Huskies’ play vs. USC?
Top Sports Stories
Reporter Bob Condotta picks MVPs, unsung heroes and offers key questions after Seattle’s 2-2 start.
The Mariners, despite being early favorites to reach the World Series, finished the 2015 season with an 76-86 record. Here are the top 10 story lines — the good and the bad — from their underwhelming campaign.
After setting career highs with nine goals and nine assists in 2014, the 28-year-old winger has four goals and two assists this season.
- Expect traffic delays when Obama arrives in Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
Most Read Stories
Sylvia Fowles collected 21 points and nine rebounds and the host Minnesota Lynx evened the best-of-five WNBA Finals at one game apiece with a 77-71 victory over the Indiana Fever.
- Marshawn Lynch in new TV ad: ‘Stop bugging me’
- Backtalk: Seattle Times readers sound off on Matt Calkins’ Hope Solo column and the Mariners
- Video: Searching for superstitious fan responsible for Hawks' Super Bowl loss
- Backtalk: Seattle Times readers sound off on Kam Chancellor, Jimmy Graham and the Seahawks
High Schools Sports Photos & Video
The public is invited to help remember Kenney Bui, a high-school football player who died after suffering a head injury during a game.
Emiliano Grillo of Argentina made a 25-foot birdie putt on the final hole to win the Web.com Tour Finals-ending Web.com Tour Championship. Kyle Stanley of Gig Harbor played well enough in the four events to comfortably secure a PGA Tour card.