After his messy divorce with the Angels, you just knew Jerry Dipoto wasn’t going to have another incumbent manager foisted on him.
Seahawks @ Bengals
- What do the WSU Cougars have to do to beat Oregon?
- UW’s coaching upgrade on full display after win | Matt Calkins
- Evergreen football player who died from head injury had suffered previous concussion
- Sounders midfielder Marco Pappa called up for international duty; Nelson Valdez, Oniel Fisher stay behind
- Pac-12 will not review targeting call against UW linebacker Azeem Victor
- Harley Kirsch, Crusaders crush Bishop Blanchet 54-6
- Jefferson takes control in SPSL Northwest with strong defense, beats Beamer 8-0
- For WSU’s Alex Grinch and other coaches, press box or sideline is matter of preference
Top Sports Stories
The signature play of the game, UW’s double-pass touchdown from receiver Marvin Hall to Joshua Perkins, looked familiar because Petersen ran that same exact play against Sarkisian in the 2012 Las Vegas Bowl, when UW lost to Boise State.
Wagner said he’s processing plays faster, and it’s one reason he’s been so good of late. He wasn’t as sharp in the season opener, but ever since, he’s been highly disruptive.
Sounders midfielder Marco Pappa called up for international duty; Nelson Valdez, Oniel Fisher stay behind
Sounders midfielder Marco Pappa has been called up to the Guatemalan national team for Tuesday's friendly against rival El Salvador at Los Angeles Coliseum, the club announced Friday in a release. And both forward Nelson Valdez (Paraguay) and Oniel Fisher (Jamaica) were called into their respective national teams but remain in Seattle due to injury....
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected
Most Read Stories
Maya Moore made a three-pointer at the buzzer to give the visiting Minnesota Lynx an 80-77 victory over the Indiana Fever and a 2-1 series lead in the best-of-five WNBA Finals. Moore scored a game-high 24 points.
High Schools Sports Photos & Video
Emiliano Grillo of Argentina made a 25-foot birdie putt on the final hole to win the Web.com Tour Finals-ending Web.com Tour Championship. Kyle Stanley of Gig Harbor played well enough in the four events to comfortably secure a PGA Tour card.