The 10-player class of draftees was a pretty back-to-basics group consisting of three offensive linemen, two defensive tackles, three running backs, a tight end known mostly for his blocking, and a lone receiver taken in the seventh round.
NFL Draft 2016
- Oregon QB Vernon Adams to attend Seahawks rookie mini-camp on a tryout basis
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Marshawn Lynch: ‘He’s committed to being retired’
- UW's Travis Feeney selected by Steelers in sixth round of NFL draft
- What’s next for Bellevue High's embattled football program?
- Lions draft Cougars guard Joe Dahl in fifth round
- New RB Alex Collins prepared for NFL draft with Irish dancing WATCH
- TCU QB Trevone Boykin among Seahawks’ undrafted free agent signings
- Pregame notes: Mariners try to notch more than one hit and a pickup a series win
Top Sports Stories
Working at a brisk pace, Wade Miley shut down the defending World Series champion Kansas City Royals in Seattle’s 6-0 victory at Safeco Field. VIEW
Morris’ goal in the 88th-minute Saturday was a poacher’s finish, a rebound smashed into the net from close range to give the Sounders a much-needed win in front of 39,473.
Since the USSR’s participation in the first Windermere Cup during the Cold War, Seattle’s annual crew extravaganza has remained a prestigious rowing regatta across the globe. Now the Russians return for the race’s 30th running. VIEW
Not since 2012, when Seattle came off a 7-9 season, has this team seemed so reliant on its rookies-to-be.
The fact that players as prominent as A-Rod, Ryan Braun and Gordon keep getting nabbed shows that the strict drug-policy program is working – and also that it’s not the deterrent MLB was hoping for.
- Postgame video and notes: Mariners win fifth straight series behind Wade Miley’s shutout WATCH
- Wade Miley pitches shutout as Mariners win fifth straight series VIEW
- Teammates turn Mariners’ Leonys Martin’s big catch into a work of art
- Former Mariner manager Don Wakamatsu itching to get back into leading role
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Oh smack: Garbage truck hits Alaskan Way Viaduct
- Seahawks get high grades for drafting of Jarran Reed, while reaction to other picks a little more varied
Most Read Stories
- WSU Cougars free agent roundup: WR Dom Williams signs with San Diego Chargers WATCH
- NCAA overturns satellite camp ban; Cougars get to run camps in California after all
- For Joe Dahl, Jeremiah Allison and WSU's NFL hopefuls, draft will determine their futures
- UW’s Budda Baker, Sidney Jones, WSU’s Luke Falk among Pac-12’s top 2017 NFL prospects