The Seahawks went from having seven draft picks to 10 — in Pete Carroll’s words, an “exquisite” outcome. But they had better hit on a good share of those picks.
2017 NFL Draft
- Three morning-after Seahawks draft notes: Saying little on Marshawn Lynch, a new trade chart, and cap savings WATCH
- Risky draft move: Seahawks’ trades out of 1st round put brain trust in the heat WATCH
- Here are the Seahawks’ remaining picks in the NFL draft
- Poll: What do you think of the Seahawks trading down out of the first round?
- Seahawks trade with Falcons, 49ers to move out of first round of 2017 NFL Draft, now have 10 picks WATCH
- 2017 NFL draft: Full Seahawks coverage
- A mock draft like no other. Ranking the Seahawks draft picks in the Pete Carroll-John Schneider era.
- Five final pre-draft thoughts as the first pick finally nears
Top Seahawks Stories
The Seahawks are in the latter stages of their spectacular run of success under the current nucleus. But this is a team that needs new blood and new stars — if not to rebuild immediately around a new nucleus, then certainly to transition to it.
If the 2017 season began today, the Seahawks would basically roll out the same receiving corps as they did to end 2016. That could obviously change if the Seahawks go high for a receiver in the NFL draft next Thursday-Saturday.
From Our Columnists
Scores and stats
- Marshawn Lynch is never far from Seahawks' memories WATCH
- For Seahawks’ Thomas Rawls, hometown of Flint is never far from his mind: ‘I can’t disappoint my city’ WATCH
- Richard Sherman ‘family tree’: Who has influenced the Seahawks cornerback?
- Seahawks’ Kevin Pierre-Louis opens up about his depression. This is his story
- Is this year’s Seahawks defense better than the one in 2013? A closer look at the numbers