- Inslee, ‘just say no’ to Vancouver Energy Terminal
- If Sandy Hook and TV shootings are ‘bearable,’ what is not?
- The Times recommends: Carol Ann Witschi for Renton City Council Position No. 3
- Seattle’s bad drivers: Other factors to blame; we’re all in it together
- After McKinley, it’s time to consider renaming Rainier
- Teacher strikes hurt students and divide the community
You frequently find fortune cookie aphorisms, yes, but it’s not often that you find searing insight within Twitter’s 140-character confines. Which is why a June tweet from one Dan Hodges -- his profile describes him as a British political commentator -- stood out. “In retrospect,” wrote Hodges, “Sandy Hook marked the end of the U.S....
- Innocents online with Ashley Madison | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- Shocking silence on sex slavery | Trudy Rubin / Syndicated columnist
- Crash-Test Dummies as Republican candidates for president | Paul Krugman / Syndicated columnist
- Making witnesses of us all | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
- The Times recommends: Carol Ann Witschi for Renton City Council Position No. 3 | Editorial
- After McKinley, it’s time to consider renaming Rainier | Editorial
- How your help with school supplies is making a difference for kids, families | Editorial
- Public Records Act applies to all devices | Editorial
Other factors to blame Your front-page story about how bad Seattle drivers are draws inappropriate conclusions from the cited data. Accident frequency is in part a function of driver skills, of course, but Seattle is among the most difficult cities to drive in nationwide. The congestion, the lay of the land, the forced intermixing of...
- Keep Saint Edward State Park public | Letter to the editor
- Vancouver oil terminal: bad for small businesses | Letter to the editor
- Donald Trump: a narcissistic entertainer and a bully | Letter to the editor
- Leaky logic on pharmaceutical prices | Letter to the editor
- Bellevue football program is a positive influence | Letter to the editor