- Charlottesville: Readers weigh in | Letters to the editor
- Jeff Sessions, pot prohibition is so 2011 | Editorial
- Gov. Dan Evans: How a real leader squashed hate and extremists | Op-Ed
- Help homeless students get ready for school | Editorial
- The desecration of Charlottesville | Op-Ed
- There’s no common ground with white supremacists | Op-Ed
What’s happening in the heavens is a bonanza here on Earth, with normally $63-a-night motel rooms in prime viewing areas going for more than $1,000, and merchandise from T-shirts to “solar eclipse diamond rings.”
From pink hats to candidate forums: Women are stepping up | Donna Gordon Blankinship / Times editorial columnist
Washington women are taking the next step toward political power. Editorial columnist Donna Blankinship applauds women running for office.
Editor’s Note We received dozens of letters on the violence in Charlottesville, Virginia, last weekend. Here is a sampling. Lyrics ring true After the events in Charlottesville, I can’t get a line from Frank Zappa’s 1965 song about race riots, “Trouble Comin’ Every Day,” out of my head: “Hey, you know something people? I’m not...
Most Read Stories
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- Seattle Mayor Ed Murray calls for removal of Confederate monument, Lenin statue
- Sorrow at the Space Needle: Dinner at one of Seattle’s most expensive restaurants VIEW
- Pilots, check your bearings: Boeing Field catches up with Earth’s magnetic field