- Prison education is a smart investment, reduces crime
- Who are you kidding? Go see the doctor
- Ride the Ducks crash: Captains’ roles are like texting while driving
- Justices should reconsider illogical charter-school ruling
- We medicate our moods and are the worse for it
- Jeb Bush’s tone-deaf rhetoric on violence
Can everybody please have his or her bits checked? Don’t tell me that you don’t want to hear about medical appointments right now. Don’t tell me it’s too early in the morning, that you just sat down with a cup of coffee or that it’s after 5 p.m. and all the offices are closed anyhow....
As a former Ride the Ducks captain, I will call what the captains do “texting while driving” . Duck captains/drivers are expected to operate the vehicle. They are also expected to entertain the guests with hat changes, banter and, more important, play music during the tour. This is like texting while driving. A small music...
- Gun violence: Look to how we raise young boys; easy to blame mental illness | Letters to the editor
- Land and Water Conservation Fund needs a full vote in the House | Letter to the editor
- Initiative 1366 will have negative impacts on health care | Letter to the editor
- Roseburg shooting: Gun culture is to blame; more laws won’t help | Letters to the editor
- Distressing juxtaposition between immigrant housing story, remodeled home feature | Letter to to the editor