- Invite a ‘silent guest’ this Thanksgiving and help people in need
- Are you happy, and how would you know?
- Best Starts for Kids (Prop. 1): Traditional tools no match for early prevention
- Donald Trump is a blessing and a curse
- Common-sense policies needed for women’s health
- Donald Trump’s creeping fascism needs to be rejected
- Health reform lives on, busting critics’ predictions | Paul Krugman / Syndicated columnist
- Syrian refugees are reflections of our past, and ourselves | Nicholas Kristof / Syndicated columnist
- When expedience feels like wisdom | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
- A holiday treat from Congress | Gail Collins / Syndicated columnist
The fact that Donald Trump is given so much media coverage is both a blessing and a curse . A blessing because we are reminded of his extreme prejudice against just about everyone on the planet except himself. It is a curse because some people, through their ignorance and Trump’s obsessive fearmongering, will accept his...
- Best Starts for Kids (Prop. 1): Traditional tools no match for early prevention | Letter to the editor
- Bring home grizzlies to the Cascades | Letter to the editor
- There is greater threat from American extremists than from Syrian refugees | Letter to the editor
- Proposed downtown 1,000-foot skyscraper: Make it emerald green | Letter to the editor
- Seattle housing plan: What happened to public discussion? | Letter to the editor
Give hope and food around the world. That is the true spirit of the holiday.
- It’s time to accept that some athletes use wheelchairs | Guest columnist
- François Hollande’s risky war talk | Guest columnist
- Time to stop special-interest money dominating elections; I-735 would give us all a voice | Guest columnist
- The next climate battle will be over U.S. coal
- Statewide stories of a broken public education system | Guest columnist
- Be proactive — cancer is not a wait-and-see disease | Guest columnist