- Shaping a low-carbon future for state includes putting price on carbon
- Perils of a climate skeptic for president
- Initiative 1366 will have negative impacts on health care
- It’s political war all the time in the U.S.
- Land and Water Conservation Fund needs a full vote in the House
- State lawmakers must restore charter-school funding
With both China and India having just announced major plans to curb their carbon emissions, the sound you hear is a tipping point tipping. Heading into the United Nations climate summit meeting in Paris in December, all the world’s largest industrial economies are now taking climate change more seriously. This includes the United States —...
I don’t get it. Why did Rep. Rob Bishop, R-Utah, destroy the Land and Water Conservation Fund, a program in which a public resource provides private profit and public good? . In my view, this program is the essence of government — balancing public and private interests. Sadly, this is something that I would expect...
- Initiative 1366 will have negative impacts on health care | Letter to the editor
- Roseburg shooting: Gun culture is to blame; more laws won’t help | Letters to the editor
- Distressing juxtaposition between immigrant housing story, remodeled home feature | Letter to to the editor
- Arctic oil: A signal for us to move on to alternatives | Letter to the editor
- Gun violence: Don’t fear gun laws; let gun-owners help pay to fix the problem | Letter to the editor