Taking a dramatic turn toward spectacular views, a couple’s lakefront home also shows consideration for a special neighborhood. VIEW
Real Estate News
- More Seattle-area home sellers lower list prices as market cools way down
- Average US mortgage rates fall; 30-year at 4.53 percent
- Chinatown’s elders are being priced out of their traditional neighborhood
- New Zealand bans most foreigners from buying homes
- Drone soars as a construction tool able to leap tall buildings, and save money and lives
- Google expanding again in Seattle, with new tower next to Amazon
- Washington state no longer has the nation’s fastest-climbing home prices
The old rules don’t apply when it comes to buying a home in the Seattle area these days. Here are tips gathered from dozens of buyers, sellers, brokers and lenders about what’s working and what’s changing.
Seattle's South Lake Union, home to Amazon's urban campus, is the region's fastest growing neighborhood. But there's a close second. Check out our interactive map.
Single-family home rents are barely budging after years of steep increases, and those declining returns could persuade some landlords to sell their houses, adding much-needed inventory to the home-buying market.
New Homes Showcase
Find Your Dream Home
- They don’t own homes. They don’t have kids. Why millennials are plant addicts
- Crocosmia is a magnet for hummingbirds — and humans — in your garden | In the Garden
- Vegetables, volunteerism and community grow together in our popular P-Patch gardens | In the Garden VIEW
- A colorful cottage garden in Bothell blooms all over, all year | Northwest Living VIEW