In addition to a good mattress, every bed outside of a college dorm room or an undergraduate apartment needs a frame that includes a headboard.
“A lot of us, we sit up in bed and read. You need something that is going to support you,” says Charles Oglesby, chief of design for Scott Shuptine Interiors in Royal Oak, Mich.
Whether you choose a wood or upholstered headboard, a really great bed frame “lends itself to the aesthetic” of the room, Oglesby says. “You want your bedroom to be very, very inviting.”
Buying tip: Don’t skimp on your mattress. “It’s important for your health,” says Mary Olk, owner of Designer Interiors, also in Royal Oak. “You spend a third of your life in bed.”
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- Seattle’s Super Bowl: Not football, but pho
- Teens charged in Jungle shooting grew up amid tumult, drug deals
- Mom’s drug deal brought sons to Jungle, police say
- Shortage of homes for sale pushes prices upward, buyers outward
Most Read Stories
— Detroit Free Press