In addition to a good mattress, every bed outside of a college dorm room or an undergraduate apartment needs a frame that includes a headboard.
“A lot of us, we sit up in bed and read. You need something that is going to support you,” says Charles Oglesby, chief of design for Scott Shuptine Interiors in Royal Oak, Mich.
Whether you choose a wood or upholstered headboard, a really great bed frame “lends itself to the aesthetic” of the room, Oglesby says. “You want your bedroom to be very, very inviting.”
Buying tip: Don’t skimp on your mattress. “It’s important for your health,” says Mary Olk, owner of Designer Interiors, also in Royal Oak. “You spend a third of your life in bed.”
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- Report gives Seattle drivers worst marks yet; Bellevue isn't far behind
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
Most Read Stories
— Detroit Free Press