In addition to a good mattress, every bed outside of a college dorm room or an undergraduate apartment needs a frame that includes a headboard.
“A lot of us, we sit up in bed and read. You need something that is going to support you,” says Charles Oglesby, chief of design for Scott Shuptine Interiors in Royal Oak, Mich.
Whether you choose a wood or upholstered headboard, a really great bed frame “lends itself to the aesthetic” of the room, Oglesby says. “You want your bedroom to be very, very inviting.”
Buying tip: Don’t skimp on your mattress. “It’s important for your health,” says Mary Olk, owner of Designer Interiors, also in Royal Oak. “You spend a third of your life in bed.”
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Gun violence: Don’t fear gun laws; let gun-owners help pay to fix the problem
- Evergreen High School football player critically injured during game
Most Read Stories
— Detroit Free Press