In addition to a good mattress, every bed outside of a college dorm room or an undergraduate apartment needs a frame that includes a headboard.
“A lot of us, we sit up in bed and read. You need something that is going to support you,” says Charles Oglesby, chief of design for Scott Shuptine Interiors in Royal Oak, Mich.
Whether you choose a wood or upholstered headboard, a really great bed frame “lends itself to the aesthetic” of the room, Oglesby says. “You want your bedroom to be very, very inviting.”
Buying tip: Don’t skimp on your mattress. “It’s important for your health,” says Mary Olk, owner of Designer Interiors, also in Royal Oak. “You spend a third of your life in bed.”
- As USS Ranger departs, Navy's cost dilemma takes off
- Seahawks courting a pair of cornerbacks as free agency looms
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Seattle's micro-housing boom offers an affordable alternative
- Live updates from the state boys basketball tournament
Most Read Stories
— Detroit Free Press