Ed the Plumber
Q: I’m remodeling my bathroom and plan to install a new toilet. Do they make a toilet with bidet features? This way, I won’t have to buy a new toilet and a new bidet seat.
— Elaine, Rhode Island
A: The short answer: Yes, you can get a plumbing fixture that functions as a toilet and a bidet.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite
Most Read Stories
The ones I’ve seen are the new wave of electronic toilets, packed with great features. Not only do these computerized toilets provide motion-activated “hands-free” seat-lifting and automatic flushing, the options can include:
• Full “top to bottom” bidet washing features.
• Integrated hot-air blow-drying.
• A deodorizing system.
• Heated seating.
• Heated foot warmers.
• Mood lighting.
And even a remote control to run all the bells and whistles!
As you can imagine, these are on the expensive side. So you’ll want to factor in prices as you weigh your decision.
Master plumber Ed Del Grande is the author of “Ed Del Grande’s House Call,” the host of TV and Internet shows, and a LEED green associate. Visit eddelgrande.com or email email@example.com. Always consult local contractors and codes. Sorry no personal replies.