What makes a throw a must-have is its wrapability. It shouldn’t be too weighty, and should have a soft, pliant feel. Today’s woolens and blends are very different from the scratchy, itchy, heavier versions of the past. And the new synthetics are a tactile wonderland of supple, velvety plushiness. In a great color that coordinates with your furniture, a snugly throw is a functional, stylish accessory.
Elaine Griffin, a contributing design editor to Better Homes & Gardens, encourages a little color play.
“Throws are guilt-free occasions to indulge in the season’s trendiest colors,” she says. If you can’t commit to a burgundy or citron wall, consider a throw in those hues.
At Overstock.com, vibrant blues, greens and oranges play up a boho floral/stripe cotton-blend print on the Bocasa Oleana throw Bocasa, $59.99.
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
- Panthers' Cam Newton and Seahawks' Russell Wilson handled Super Bowl losses very differently
Most Read Stories
The Associated Press