What makes a throw a must-have is its wrapability. It shouldn’t be too weighty, and should have a soft, pliant feel. Today’s woolens and blends are very different from the scratchy, itchy, heavier versions of the past. And the new synthetics are a tactile wonderland of supple, velvety plushiness. In a great color that coordinates with your furniture, a snugly throw is a functional, stylish accessory.
Elaine Griffin, a contributing design editor to Better Homes & Gardens, encourages a little color play.
“Throws are guilt-free occasions to indulge in the season’s trendiest colors,” she says. If you can’t commit to a burgundy or citron wall, consider a throw in those hues.
At Overstock.com, vibrant blues, greens and oranges play up a boho floral/stripe cotton-blend print on the Bocasa Oleana throw Bocasa, $59.99.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Priced out? Growing numbers appear to be fleeing King County
Most Read Stories
The Associated Press