Scandinavian style tends toward folk-art florals and wood furniture left natural or painted in colors that evoke the region’s natural beauty. The look is casual and easy, with playful touches and a simple yet refined vibe.
If all that sounds appealing as you shake off winter’s gloom, you’ll find many pretty, Scandinavian-inspired décor options for spring.
It is typically anchored by whites and creams, which provide a light-filled canvas on which berry red, sky blue, forest green and ocher offer pops of cheerful color. Black sometimes provides a dramatic canvas, especially on a rug.
This spring, Ikea carries designer Eva Lundgreen’s Akerkulla floral-motif curtains and rug.
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
- Unruly passenger diverts Boston-San Diego flight to Denver
Most Read Stories
— Associated Press