Scandinavian style tends toward folk-art florals and wood furniture left natural or painted in colors that evoke the region’s natural beauty. The look is casual and easy, with playful touches and a simple yet refined vibe.
If all that sounds appealing as you shake off winter’s gloom, you’ll find many pretty, Scandinavian-inspired décor options for spring.
It is typically anchored by whites and creams, which provide a light-filled canvas on which berry red, sky blue, forest green and ocher offer pops of cheerful color. Black sometimes provides a dramatic canvas, especially on a rug.
This spring, Ikea carries designer Eva Lundgreen’s Akerkulla floral-motif curtains and rug.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- Offense needs big kick as Seahawks snag 16-15 victory
Most Read Stories
— Associated Press