Scandinavian style tends toward folk-art florals and wood furniture left natural or painted in colors that evoke the region’s natural beauty. The look is casual and easy, with playful touches and a simple yet refined vibe.
If all that sounds appealing as you shake off winter’s gloom, you’ll find many pretty, Scandinavian-inspired décor options for spring.
It is typically anchored by whites and creams, which provide a light-filled canvas on which berry red, sky blue, forest green and ocher offer pops of cheerful color. Black sometimes provides a dramatic canvas, especially on a rug.
This spring, Ikea carries designer Eva Lundgreen’s Akerkulla floral-motif curtains and rug.
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- Home prices charge ahead, driving some buyers farther afield
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Here are Seattle-area companies employees enjoy working at most
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
Most Read Stories
— Associated Press