Scandinavian style tends toward folk-art florals and wood furniture left natural or painted in colors that evoke the region’s natural beauty. The look is casual and easy, with playful touches and a simple yet refined vibe.
If all that sounds appealing as you shake off winter’s gloom, you’ll find many pretty, Scandinavian-inspired décor options for spring.
It is typically anchored by whites and creams, which provide a light-filled canvas on which berry red, sky blue, forest green and ocher offer pops of cheerful color. Black sometimes provides a dramatic canvas, especially on a rug.
This spring, Ikea carries designer Eva Lundgreen’s Akerkulla floral-motif curtains and rug.
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Legislature OKs new budget with rare tuition cuts and pay raises for teachers
- Tukwila group to submit expansion application to NHL
Most Read Stories
— Associated Press