If you’re considering remodeling but can’t decide if it’s worth going ahead, here are some things to consider.
1. Is it truly necessary or are you just trying to keep up with the neighbors? Sometimes a big remodeling job is so expensive you might be better off moving to a newer home.
2. Consider all the possibilities. Think about the cost. Can you afford it? Is your income secure? Remember that once you start, you can’t turn back. A good architect and a good building contractor are worth the money, so don’t skimp when it comes to choosing help.
3. Consider how long you intend to stay in this house. If you plan to stay for the rest of your life, then remodeling is a good idea. If you are planing to stay less than five years, you might consider simple improvements.
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- India draws tech dreamers back home
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU
Most Read Stories
4. Remodeling is a messy, inconvenient and frustrating process filled with large and small disappointments. It will take longer than estimated. It will cost more as unforeseen costs appear. Prepare yourself.
By Rosemary Sandez Friedmann
Scripps Howard News Service