Lemon Sorbet is no longer just a delicious dessert.
Benjamin Moore has named its popular pale yellow paint, Lemon Sorbet, the 2013 color of the year.
Sonu Mathew, Benjamin Moore senior interior designer, helps forecast upcoming paint trends to guide homeowners and interior designers in the right direction.
As for the Lemon Sorbet, Mathew says that yellow evokes a sense of optimism.
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
Most Read Stories
“As the world seems to be gradually turning the corner on recessionary times,” she says, “this whispery tint of the color is timely and evocative of the uptick.”
This, she notes, is a drastic shift away from the more saturated hues that were popular last year.
Benjamin Moore pairs Lemon Sorbet with other soft hues, such as a light, blue-grey color called Tranquility and a dusty sea-foam color called Stratton Blue, in its Trends 2013 combinations.
“We want to help take the guesswork out of color selection,” Mathew says.
To check out these color combinations, plus videos, painting ideas and more, visit benjaminmoore.com.