Q:I’m doing a total remodel of my master bathroom, complete with new plumbing fixtures. If you can give me a word of advice on what not to forget or overlook, what would that be?
— Gene, Washington state
A: I believe the secret to a beautiful bathroom is all in the details. When it comes to bathrooms, the details are in the accessories. Accessories can include things like robe hooks, shelves, lighting fixtures, toilet-paper holders, grab bars and towel bars.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
Most Read Stories
It sounds like basic information, but I am surprised at how many people overlook these details in the planning stage, or install low-end accessories in a nice bathroom. Quality accessories that match and complement your plumbing fixtures can be the finishing touch that puts your bathroom over the top.
The good news is that many manufacturers also make accessories that perfectly match their plumbing fixtures So, you don’t have to look far to find that beautiful medicine cabinet designed to mirror the look of your faucets.
Master plumber Ed Del Grande is the author of “Ed Del Grande’s House Call,” the host of TV and Internet shows, and a LEED green associate. Visit eddelgrande.com or write email@example.com. Sorry, no personal replies. Always consult local contractors and codes.