Q:I’m doing a total remodel of my master bathroom, complete with new plumbing fixtures. If you can give me a word of advice on what not to forget or overlook, what would that be?
— Gene, Washington state
A: I believe the secret to a beautiful bathroom is all in the details. When it comes to bathrooms, the details are in the accessories. Accessories can include things like robe hooks, shelves, lighting fixtures, toilet-paper holders, grab bars and towel bars.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
Most Read Stories
It sounds like basic information, but I am surprised at how many people overlook these details in the planning stage, or install low-end accessories in a nice bathroom. Quality accessories that match and complement your plumbing fixtures can be the finishing touch that puts your bathroom over the top.
The good news is that many manufacturers also make accessories that perfectly match their plumbing fixtures So, you don’t have to look far to find that beautiful medicine cabinet designed to mirror the look of your faucets.
Master plumber Ed Del Grande is the author of “Ed Del Grande’s House Call,” the host of TV and Internet shows, and a LEED green associate. Visit eddelgrande.com or write firstname.lastname@example.org. Sorry, no personal replies. Always consult local contractors and codes.