Wine bottles are getting a second life as Glacier Glass glassware.
Glacier Glass was created by Paula Sansone-Johnson, a designer with Rolf Glass in Mount Pleasant, Pa., who called on her knowledge of glass cutting and manufacturing to turn the bottoms of used wine bottles into glassware. The glasses are etched with designs created with diamond-wheel engraving technology.
A set of four, 12-ounce tumblers in antique blue costs $57.50 at www.ClassicHostess.com. Shipping is extra.
— Akron Beacon Journal
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- After McKinley, it’s time to consider renaming Rainier
- Huskies’ colors for opener are purple, green