Many Americans have embraced outdoor decorating, filling their yards with fluffy sofas, gleaming end tables and even outdoor rugs.
But what happens when the sun goes down?
Chris Lambton, landscape designer and host of HGTV’s “Going Yard,” advises his clients to give as much thought to the lighting of their outdoor space as they do to the furnishings.
Fire pits of all sizes — from huge outdoor fireplaces to small tabletop containers — provide golden, flickering light for your outdoor space.
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW, WSU
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
Most Read Stories
This six-sided Oakland Living Pagoda Fireplace (walmart.com) has a grill grate for fun outdoor cooking. Brass assembly hardware accentuates the cast-iron construction. $180.
— The Associated Press