When I relocated to the Seattle area from California seven years ago, I asked a lifelong resident how best to acclimate to the dark days of winter. “Lighting,” she said. “Make sure you’ve got your lighting figured out before February, or you’ll go crazy.”
She wasn’t kidding. The relentless gray can make even the cheeriest Seattleite feel a little blue. Light up your life with some fun and stylish new lighting fixtures.
If you use your dining area for checking email or generally hanging out, you’ll want more direct light; we love the laser-cut chrome shade on the 12-light Gen-Lite Helix Pendant. ($599 at Kasala).
Does your workspace need brightening? LED lights are more energy efficient and longer lasting than incandescent bulbs, making them a good choice for a hardworking desk lamp.
- 5 things you should know about Microsoft’s Windows 10
- Mariners’ triple play hadn’t been seen since 1955
- Sister-in-law didn’t appreciate delivery support
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying golf club
- Before getting the ax, Steve Sandmeyer show was scraping by
Most Read Stories
By Kristin Kalning /
Special to The Seattle Times