Summer’s all about no-frills entertaining — paper plates and plastic cups, bags of hot-dog buns and bottles of ketchup on the table.
But come fall, something a bit more lush, a bit more reflective of the season’s rustic bounty feels in order.
“It really is all about those warm, autumnal colors,” says Jessica Joyce, spokeswoman for Bed Bath & Beyond. “You want to have the oranges, the reds, the browns to really bring the outdoors in.”
In addition to deep color, adding layers to your table with runners or place mats or tablecloths can add a rustic yet rich touch.
- As USS Ranger departs, Navy's cost dilemma takes off
- Seahawks courting a pair of cornerbacks as free agency looms
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Seattle's micro-housing boom offers an affordable alternative
- Live updates from the state boys basketball tournament
Most Read Stories
These felt-leaf place mats are an inexpensive alternative to table setting. They’re $1.99 each at Bed Bath & Beyond.
By Georgea Kovanis
Detroit Free Press