Summer’s all about no-frills entertaining — paper plates and plastic cups, bags of hot-dog buns and bottles of ketchup on the table.
But come fall, something a bit more lush, a bit more reflective of the season’s rustic bounty feels in order.
“It really is all about those warm, autumnal colors,” says Jessica Joyce, spokeswoman for Bed Bath & Beyond. “You want to have the oranges, the reds, the browns to really bring the outdoors in.”
In addition to deep color, adding layers to your table with runners or place mats or tablecloths can add a rustic yet rich touch.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?
Most Read Stories
These felt-leaf place mats are an inexpensive alternative to table setting. They’re $1.99 each at Bed Bath & Beyond.
By Georgea Kovanis
Detroit Free Press