Summer’s all about no-frills entertaining — paper plates and plastic cups, bags of hot-dog buns and bottles of ketchup on the table.
But come fall, something a bit more lush, a bit more reflective of the season’s rustic bounty feels in order.
“It really is all about those warm, autumnal colors,” says Jessica Joyce, spokeswoman for Bed Bath & Beyond. “You want to have the oranges, the reds, the browns to really bring the outdoors in.”
In addition to deep color, adding layers to your table with runners or place mats or tablecloths can add a rustic yet rich touch.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
Most Read Stories
These felt-leaf place mats are an inexpensive alternative to table setting. They’re $1.99 each at Bed Bath & Beyond.
By Georgea Kovanis
Detroit Free Press