Here are some tips on using your grill safely:
— Always read the owner’s manual before using a new gas or charcoal grill.
— Do not lean over a barbecue grill when igniting.
— When lighting a gas grill, the lid should always be open.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- Mexican agents hunting fugitives in Arlington slayings: ‘It’s only going to be a few days’
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
Most Read Stories
— Gas or charcoals grills should NEVER be used indoors; they are outdoor cooking appliances.
— Every time a refilled propane tank is reconnected to the barbecue, the hose connection should be checked for leaks.
— Always use heat-resistant barbecue mitts or gloves and long-handled tools.
— When done cooking, cover the charcoal grill and close all vents. Turn a gas grill off at the burners and the gas source.
The Associated Press