Here are some tips on using your grill safely:
— Always read the owner’s manual before using a new gas or charcoal grill.
— Do not lean over a barbecue grill when igniting.
— When lighting a gas grill, the lid should always be open.
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Tukwila group to submit expansion application to NHL
Most Read Stories
— Gas or charcoals grills should NEVER be used indoors; they are outdoor cooking appliances.
— Every time a refilled propane tank is reconnected to the barbecue, the hose connection should be checked for leaks.
— Always use heat-resistant barbecue mitts or gloves and long-handled tools.
— When done cooking, cover the charcoal grill and close all vents. Turn a gas grill off at the burners and the gas source.
The Associated Press