Here are some tips on using your grill safely:
— Always read the owner’s manual before using a new gas or charcoal grill.
— Do not lean over a barbecue grill when igniting.
— When lighting a gas grill, the lid should always be open.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- Offense needs big kick as Seahawks snag 16-15 victory
Most Read Stories
— Gas or charcoals grills should NEVER be used indoors; they are outdoor cooking appliances.
— Every time a refilled propane tank is reconnected to the barbecue, the hose connection should be checked for leaks.
— Always use heat-resistant barbecue mitts or gloves and long-handled tools.
— When done cooking, cover the charcoal grill and close all vents. Turn a gas grill off at the burners and the gas source.
The Associated Press