Fit & fun
Summer’s already about half over, so go jump in the lake while you can. Seattle Parks and Recreation staffs nine beach swimming spots and even offers free youth (6 years and older) swimming lessons at all of them.
The 30-minute lessons run in 10-day blocks. Call 206-684-4078 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to register. You can even register at each beach.
The sites, which are open from noon to 7 p.m. on weekdays and 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekends, are at: East Green Lake Beach; West Green Lake Beach; Matthews Beach; Madison Park; Madrona; Mount Baker Park; Pritchard Island; Seward Park; and Magnuson Park. Find more information at seattle.gov/Parks/beaches.asp.
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
- Unruly passenger diverts Boston-San Diego flight to Denver
Most Read Stories
A few rules to remember:
• Children under 10 must be with a supervising adult.
• No dogs, bikes or alcohol on the beaches.
• Novice and nonswimmers must stay inside the ropes.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: email@example.com