Fit & fun
Summer’s already about half over, so go jump in the lake while you can. Seattle Parks and Recreation staffs nine beach swimming spots and even offers free youth (6 years and older) swimming lessons at all of them.
The 30-minute lessons run in 10-day blocks. Call 206-684-4078 or email: email@example.com to register. You can even register at each beach.
The sites, which are open from noon to 7 p.m. on weekdays and 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on weekends, are at: East Green Lake Beach; West Green Lake Beach; Matthews Beach; Madison Park; Madrona; Mount Baker Park; Pritchard Island; Seward Park; and Magnuson Park. Find more information at seattle.gov/Parks/beaches.asp.
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
Most Read Stories
A few rules to remember:
• Children under 10 must be with a supervising adult.
• No dogs, bikes or alcohol on the beaches.
• Novice and nonswimmers must stay inside the ropes.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org