Fit & Fun
You could join the crowd on the highways next weekend or you could stay near home and test your mettle at a Memorial Day weekend race at Magnuson Park, Saturday, May 24.
Participants have their choice of running a 5, 10 or 15 K. Adults who preregister pay $17. Students pay only $12 if they preregister.
The route goes along the shores of Lake Washington and Magnuson Park wetlands. The organizers, Club Northwest, aim to accommodate all paces and are also offering a 400-meter kids dash 15 minutes before each of the distance events.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Oh smack: Garbage truck hits Alaskan Way Viaduct
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Seahawks’ selection of Germain Ifedi in NFL draft has makings of a great fit
Most Read Stories
The event is part of the “Magnuson Series.” The next one will be June 21 Solstice Day run.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: email@example.com