Fit & Fun
You could join the crowd on the highways next weekend or you could stay near home and test your mettle at a Memorial Day weekend race at Magnuson Park, Saturday, May 24.
Participants have their choice of running a 5, 10 or 15 K. Adults who preregister pay $17. Students pay only $12 if they preregister.
The route goes along the shores of Lake Washington and Magnuson Park wetlands. The organizers, Club Northwest, aim to accommodate all paces and are also offering a 400-meter kids dash 15 minutes before each of the distance events.
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
Most Read Stories
The event is part of the “Magnuson Series.” The next one will be June 21 Solstice Day run.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org