Fit & Fun
You could join the crowd on the highways next weekend or you could stay near home and test your mettle at a Memorial Day weekend race at Magnuson Park, Saturday, May 24.
Participants have their choice of running a 5, 10 or 15 K. Adults who preregister pay $17. Students pay only $12 if they preregister.
The route goes along the shores of Lake Washington and Magnuson Park wetlands. The organizers, Club Northwest, aim to accommodate all paces and are also offering a 400-meter kids dash 15 minutes before each of the distance events.
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson writes a thank-you letter to Peyton Manning
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Marshawn Lynch’s retirement announcement wasn’t classy, but it was perfect
Most Read Stories
The event is part of the “Magnuson Series.” The next one will be June 21 Solstice Day run.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org