Fit & Fun
You could join the crowd on the highways next weekend or you could stay near home and test your mettle at a Memorial Day weekend race at Magnuson Park, Saturday, May 24.
Participants have their choice of running a 5, 10 or 15 K. Adults who preregister pay $17. Students pay only $12 if they preregister.
The route goes along the shores of Lake Washington and Magnuson Park wetlands. The organizers, Club Northwest, aim to accommodate all paces and are also offering a 400-meter kids dash 15 minutes before each of the distance events.
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected
Most Read Stories
The event is part of the “Magnuson Series.” The next one will be June 21 Solstice Day run.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org