Go! Bainbridge, a program of Sustainable Bainbridge, holds walks on the first Sunday of each month through March. This Sunday, the monthly “Poncho Walk” will begin at the picnic shelter at Battle Point Park.
The elevation gain will be about 450 feet and the route will pass through forest with some original old-growth trees, a small stream and lush undergrowth.
The 4-mile walk begins at 1:30 p.m. Sunday, comfortable shoes and waterproof clothing is advised. Dogs on leashes are allowed. Hot beverages and homemade treats will be served.
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Band's frontman: No Super Bowl halftime show for Metallica
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Seahawks’ Coleman going 60, didn’t brake before crash, police say
Most Read Stories
The walks are designed to help people stay active all year, rain or shine, and make some friends along the way. Last month’s walk drew 65 participants.
For more information or to share ideas, contact email@example.com.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org