Fit & Fun
Memorial Day, the unofficial start of summer, opens the door for serious rural bicycle riding around the region. Flying Wheels Summer Century celebrates by offering various distance courses and a festival on Saturday, May 31.
One course takes riders on a 23-mile loop around Lake Sammamish and through Bellevue with a few rolling hills and no major climbs. Other routes are from 41 to 96 miles long and hilly.
Riders are advised to peruse the routes before taking on the challenges. Route maps show shortcuts to get back to Marymoor Park, where it all starts.
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
- The Californians keep coming, but King County gives back
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- At least 60,000 still without power after windstorm
Most Read Stories
Cyclists can choose to ride with Team Korey and raise funds and awareness for Camp Korey, a nonprofit in Carnation. Massage therapists will be at the finish line to soothe muscles.
The starting line will be at King County’s Marymoor Park Velodrome east-end parking lot. For more information: cascade.org/about-ride-0
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: email@example.com