Sandbox Sports in the Georgetown neighborhood of Seattle offers beach volleyball leagues and sandbox play times for tykes.
Fit & Fun |
Ah, the sand squeezing between your toes … in Georgetown … in December.
Sandbox Sports, an indoor sand volleyball center formerly located in Magnuson Park, hosts leagues, teaches lessons, provides drop-in play and hosts parties.
It also has been the scene of a “Volley Mamas” league designed for, but not limited to, parents with small children. Children play in a sandbox while parents rotate between supervising and playing.
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- Like teammate Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks rookie Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seattle Seahawks Tuesday ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched? And more
- Turkey shoots down Russian jet it says violated its airspace
Most Read Stories
That led to “Lil Diggers Playtime,” in which preschool kids treat the place, at 5955 Airport Way S., Seattle, as one big sandbox, with shovels, pails and balls. Playtime is open on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday between 10 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., and costs $6.
Owner Willie Moneda said the Lil Diggers program has proved so popular that he may extend the hours over Christmas break. The facility is also available for private parties.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: email@example.com.