Sandbox Sports in the Georgetown neighborhood of Seattle offers beach volleyball leagues and sandbox play times for tykes.
Fit & Fun |
Ah, the sand squeezing between your toes … in Georgetown … in December.
Sandbox Sports, an indoor sand volleyball center formerly located in Magnuson Park, hosts leagues, teaches lessons, provides drop-in play and hosts parties.
It also has been the scene of a “Volley Mamas” league designed for, but not limited to, parents with small children. Children play in a sandbox while parents rotate between supervising and playing.
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- Seahawks mailbag: Bobby Wagner's contract, Brandon Mebane's future, and more
- As fast-moving wildfire hits Quincy, police say Wenatchee blaze man-made
Most Read Stories
That led to “Lil Diggers Playtime,” in which preschool kids treat the place, at 5955 Airport Way S., Seattle, as one big sandbox, with shovels, pails and balls. Playtime is open on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday between 10 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., and costs $6.
Owner Willie Moneda said the Lil Diggers program has proved so popular that he may extend the hours over Christmas break. The facility is also available for private parties.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org.