Fit & Fun
Walking can be an indoor sport in the winter, so Kent’s ShoWare Center opens its doors from 9 to 11 a.m. each Monday and Wednesday.
The upper level of the arena is a full circle while the lower concourse provides a horseshoe-shaped walk. You can also walk the stairs.
Walkers should wear layers and comfortable shoes. No pets are allowed, but service dogs are welcome. No running, rollerblading or skateboarding is allowed, either.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- WWU police arrest 19-year-old student in racist-threats case
Most Read Stories
The walks began in late 2010. There are blood and sugar screenings the second Monday of the month, compliments of Valley Medical Center.
The center is at 625 W. James St., Kent. Call 253-856-4YOU for questions or see www.kent4health.com
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: email@example.com