Fit & Fun
Walking can be an indoor sport in the winter, so Kent’s ShoWare Center opens its doors from 9 to 11 a.m. each Monday and Wednesday.
The upper level of the arena is a full circle while the lower concourse provides a horseshoe-shaped walk. You can also walk the stairs.
Walkers should wear layers and comfortable shoes. No pets are allowed, but service dogs are welcome. No running, rollerblading or skateboarding is allowed, either.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- Newcomers arriving in record numbers, but from where?
- Toppled fish truck makes a stinker of a commute Tuesday night
- Amazon devouring quarter of Seattle's best office space
Most Read Stories
The walks began in late 2010. There are blood and sugar screenings the second Monday of the month, compliments of Valley Medical Center.
The center is at 625 W. James St., Kent. Call 253-856-4YOU for questions or see www.kent4health.com
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: email@example.com