Fit & Fun
Walking can be an indoor sport in the winter, so Kent’s ShoWare Center opens its doors from 9 to 11 a.m. each Monday and Wednesday.
The upper level of the arena is a full circle while the lower concourse provides a horseshoe-shaped walk. You can also walk the stairs.
Walkers should wear layers and comfortable shoes. No pets are allowed, but service dogs are welcome. No running, rollerblading or skateboarding is allowed, either.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- Building with iconic Seattle P-I globe sold for $40M
Most Read Stories
The walks began in late 2010. There are blood and sugar screenings the second Monday of the month, compliments of Valley Medical Center.
The center is at 625 W. James St., Kent. Call 253-856-4YOU for questions or see www.kent4health.com
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: email@example.com