Four healthful activities for the week of April 8-15 include a ride with the Cascade Bicycle Club, a wetlands-restoration work party in West Seattle and a nature walk through the Mercer Slough.
City Lakes and Trails Ride: Take a 32-mile leisurely paced bike ride with the Cascade Bicycle Club. On trails and city streets. Helmets required; rain showers cancel the outing. 10 a.m. Wednesday, meet at parking lot on the east of North 74th Street, Magnuson Park, 7400 Sand Point Way N.E., Seattle; free (www.cascade.org).
Exercise with a purpose: Roxhill Park Wetland Restoration work party for adults. Bring water, work gloves and dress for the weather, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturday, Roxhill Park, 2850 S.W. Roxbury St., Seattle; preregister (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Mercer Slough Nature Walk: Park-ranger guided tour of 320-acre wetland park. Learn about its natural and cultural history and the animals and plants that live there. All ages welcome, 2-3 p.m. Saturday, Mercer Sough Environmental Education Center, 16254 118th Ave. S.E., Bellevue; free, no registration necessary (425-452-2565).
Spa Week: Register now for $50 massages, facials and other wellness-spa treatments at five locations in Seattle, Bellevue and Kirkland, April 16-22. Online registration required (www.spaweek.com).
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- Ivar’s looks to sell, lease back two venerable restaurant sites
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season