Fit & Fun
The annual Walk For Wishes is looking for superheros, princesses, firefighters and any other alter ego you may favor for its fundraising event Sunday at Marymoor Park.
Walk For Wishes is a 5K family-friendly walk and fun run designed to raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation’s wish-granting mission. There also will be snacks, beverages, activities and entertainment.
Prizes will be awarded for most team spirit and best individual costume. Check-in is at 8:45 a.m. For details: http://akwa.wish.org/
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?
Most Read Stories
And for something completely different on Sept. 19, from 5 to 8 p.m. Elite Fitness Training will host “Train the Trainer Night” at its South Lake Union site. The goal is to raise $10,000, all of which would go to the A PLUS Youth Program, a nonprofit group dedicated to providing educational resources and character development for student-athletes in the Seattle area.
At $50 per five-minute block, participants can put the Elite trainers through “anything-goes” workouts.
Elite trained Seattle’s Jason Mesnick before he starred on “The Bachelor” a few years ago. Mesnick and his wife, Molly (who the gym also trained for the couple’s televised wedding), will be at the event.
If that’s not enough for fans of televised romance, Des Hartsock, the most recent “Bachelorette,” will be there with the guy she chose, Chris Siegfried. They now live in Queen Anne.
For details: http://www.elitefitnessnw.com/
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org