Fit & Fun
We’re in the heart of festival season and while many of them seem to be about snacking, several offer the chance to get active, too.
Lake Stevens’ annual Aquafest fits that bill with not only water events — from water skiing to swimming — but running, disc golf, softball and the like.
The three-day celebration, at North Cove Park, runs from Friday through Sunday. Festivities begin at noon Friday and 10 a.m. the final two days.
- Roads could be a mess this weekend — and Monday
- Seven things to know about Seahawks rookie Tyler Lockett
- New GM Jerry Dipoto provides more insight into how he’ll turn Mariners around
- Parents of toddler killed in Bellevue to return to India
- Hope Solo’s domestic-violence charges revived
Most Read Stories
Aquafest also includes parades, several carnival rides, food booths, live music and a car show. It attracts about 35,000 people over the three days, so check this website for information on a free shuttle service: http://www.aquafest.org
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org