The Green Lake Table Tennis Center hosts open-play sessions and kids lessons and is one of the places to play table tennis in Seattle, Bellevue and Federal Way.
Fit & Fun |
Nearly every Saturday and Sunday night, the Green Lake Community Center gymnasium welcomes table-tennis players of all ages, skills and ambition.
“We’re open to everyone,” says Kim Goldov, a volunteer with the Green Lake Table Tennis Center who caught the bug as a kid. “We love to have new people come in and hit the ball and just have fun.”
Open play runs from 5 to 9 p.m. on Saturdays and 4 to 9 p.m. on Sundays. Cost is $5, (or $45 for a punch card worth 10 visits). Also, each Saturday kids can get instruction at 5:15 p.m. and then play until the gym closes, for $5.
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Seahawks preseason awards: MVPs, surprises, disappointments, toughest roster calls
- Seattle teachers vote to strike if agreement isn’t reached
Most Read Stories
The club also hosts tourneys, including one set for March 24. See www.glttc.org or call 206-684-0780.
Some other places to play:
Federal Way: Puget Sound Table Tennis Club (www.pugetsoundtabletennis.com/)
Seattle: International District/Chinatown Community Center (www.seattle.gov/parks/centers/IDChinatown.htm)
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org.