The Green Lake Table Tennis Center hosts open-play sessions and kids lessons and is one of the places to play table tennis in Seattle, Bellevue and Federal Way.
Fit & Fun |
Nearly every Saturday and Sunday night, the Green Lake Community Center gymnasium welcomes table-tennis players of all ages, skills and ambition.
“We’re open to everyone,” says Kim Goldov, a volunteer with the Green Lake Table Tennis Center who caught the bug as a kid. “We love to have new people come in and hit the ball and just have fun.”
Open play runs from 5 to 9 p.m. on Saturdays and 4 to 9 p.m. on Sundays. Cost is $5, (or $45 for a punch card worth 10 visits). Also, each Saturday kids can get instruction at 5:15 p.m. and then play until the gym closes, for $5.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
Most Read Stories
The club also hosts tourneys, including one set for March 24. See www.glttc.org or call 206-684-0780.
Some other places to play:
Federal Way: Puget Sound Table Tennis Club (www.pugetsoundtabletennis.com/)
Seattle: International District/Chinatown Community Center (www.seattle.gov/parks/centers/IDChinatown.htm)
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org.