Family fun runs with Halloween costumes encouraged include the Goblin Gallop Oct. 21 at Marymoor Park in Redmond; the Monster Mile Halloween Family Fun Run Oct. 27 at Juanita Beach Park in Kirkland; and the Run Scared 5K run, 4K walk and free Kids Dash Oct. 28 at Seward Park in Seattle.
Fit & Fun |
Want an early Halloween treat? How about costume jogging?
Sunday’s Goblin Gallop is a noncompetitive 5K geared for the family — including a free kids dash and toddler trot — at Marymoor Park.
The main run begins at 9 a.m. The “Post-Gallop Bash” will include healthful trick-or-treating, live music and other activities.
- WWU cancels classes after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- Turkey shoots down Russian jet it says violated its airspace
- Seattle Seahawks Tuesday ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched? And more
- Like teammate Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks rookie Thomas Rawls craves contact
Most Read Stories
Proceeds will benefit the Group Health Foundation and its efforts to improve health in the community. For more information, see www.gogoblingallop.org/
Other Halloween-related runs:
On Oct. 27, the Monster Mile Halloween Family Fun Run will be held from 10 a.m. to noon at Juanita Beach Park, 9703 N.E. Juanita Drive. To register, go to www.kirklandparks.net and use course code 37587.
On Oct. 28, the fourth annual Run Scared 5K run, 4K walk and free Kids Dash, benefiting The Leukemia Lymphoma Society, will kick off at 9 a.m. at Seattle’s Seward Park (www.runscared5k.com/).
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org.