Fit & Fun
Exercise is always easier with a friend. With that in mind, the inaugural Muddy Mutt Run kicks off Saturday, May 3.
The event, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Thomas Family Farm, 9010 Marsh Road, Snohomish, features a 1.25-mile course of obstacles from foam to sand to tunnels. After the running or walking, humans and dogs alike can enjoy a get-together on the farm.
Proceeds will go to help charities, including the Seattle Humane Society. Co-directors Mary Meyer and Sally Edwards say the Muddy Mutt is dedicated to helping find homes and supporting shelters. Donations will also go to helping animals affected by the Oso mud slide, including the working dogs involved in the recovery effort.
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Gun violence: Don’t fear gun laws; let gun-owners help pay to fix the problem
- Evergreen High School football player critically injured during game
Most Read Stories
To learn more or register, see: themuddymuttrun.com/
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: email@example.com