Fit & Fun
Here are just a few summer fitness events that will help you help others.
• The Alki Beach 5K Walk & Run is set for Sunday, Aug. 24, and benefits Northwest Hope & Healing, a local charity that offers financial support and other help to women with breast cancer. Details at alkibeachrun.com.
• Bike MS Washington: Deception Pass Classic, rolls around on Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 6 and 7, raising money for multiple sclerosis programs and services. The course goes through Skagit, Whatcom and Island counties. About 2,000 cyclists are expected to cruise scenic figure-eight courses ranging from 22 to 97 miles. Details at bikeMSnorthwest.org.
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Here are Seattle-area companies employees enjoy working at most
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Slain Burien teen was ‘all about her education,’ aunt says
Most Read Stories
• On Saturday, Sept. 13, cyclists can join the third annual Ride Around the Sound to benefit the American Lung Association in Washington. The water-hugging route with three start options provides views on fully-supported 92-mile, 73-mile or 38-mile distances between Seattle and Bremerton. Details at lung.org/washington.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: email@example.com