Fit & Fun
Here are just a few summer fitness events that will help you help others.
• The Alki Beach 5K Walk & Run is set for Sunday, Aug. 24, and benefits Northwest Hope & Healing, a local charity that offers financial support and other help to women with breast cancer. Details at alkibeachrun.com.
• Bike MS Washington: Deception Pass Classic, rolls around on Saturday and Sunday, Sept. 6 and 7, raising money for multiple sclerosis programs and services. The course goes through Skagit, Whatcom and Island counties. About 2,000 cyclists are expected to cruise scenic figure-eight courses ranging from 22 to 97 miles. Details at bikeMSnorthwest.org.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage
Most Read Stories
• On Saturday, Sept. 13, cyclists can join the third annual Ride Around the Sound to benefit the American Lung Association in Washington. The water-hugging route with three start options provides views on fully-supported 92-mile, 73-mile or 38-mile distances between Seattle and Bremerton. Details at lung.org/washington.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org