Fit & Fun
Salsa on the beach returns to Alki on Saturday.
Beginner lessons, for $8, begin at 5:30 p.m. Dancing for all lasts from 6:15 p.m. to 10 p.m. Cost is $10. And a free Zumba fitness class will begin at 4:45 p.m.
The dance is hosted by Belltown Dance Studio, which is also offering salsa dancing on the beach Sept. 1 and Sept. 14. (And there will be tango on the beach Friday).
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- The Californians keep coming, but King County gives back
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
Most Read Stories
Go to the Belltown Dance Studio website for more information (www.belltowndancestudio.com). And note that the events may be canceled if the weather turns bad.
Alki Beach 5k
And on Sunday, the area will host the Alki Beach 5k walk and run, a family-friendly jaunt on Alki Avenue Southwest. It’s flat, fast and perfect for first-time runners, and proceeds will aid women with breast cancer. For details, go to www.alkibeachrun.com/
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: email@example.com