Fit & Fun
Try some dancing — old-school. Each Friday, the Phinney Ridge Neighborhood Center is the site of an Emerald City Contra Dance, from 7:30 to 10 p.m., and a 30-minute beginner’s workshop at 7 p.m.
The dance form goes way back so you’ll get a glimpse of history along with a workout. Couples dance in long paired lines that usually run the length of the hall and follow instructions of a caller. As the music plays, partners perform steps with other couples.
It might get stuffy if warm weather holds, so wear light, comfortable clothing and drink water. You don’t have to bring a partner, though.
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- 'Downton Abbey' star Brendan Coyle banned from driving
- Building with iconic Seattle P-I globe sold for $40M
Most Read Stories
The Phinney Ridge Neighborhood Center is at 6532 Phinney Ave N., Seattle. Find more information on this and other contra dances at seattledance.org.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org.