Fit & Fun
Try some dancing — old-school. Each Friday, the Phinney Ridge Neighborhood Center is the site of an Emerald City Contra Dance, from 7:30 to 10 p.m., and a 30-minute beginner’s workshop at 7 p.m.
The dance form goes way back so you’ll get a glimpse of history along with a workout. Couples dance in long paired lines that usually run the length of the hall and follow instructions of a caller. As the music plays, partners perform steps with other couples.
It might get stuffy if warm weather holds, so wear light, comfortable clothing and drink water. You don’t have to bring a partner, though.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, have sit-ins in Seattle
- Game thread: Huskies dominate Cougars in Apple Cup
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin helps UW rout WSU in Apple Cup
- For UW Huskies, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
The Phinney Ridge Neighborhood Center is at 6532 Phinney Ave N., Seattle. Find more information on this and other contra dances at seattledance.org.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org.