Fit & Fun
Try some dancing — old-school. Each Friday, the Phinney Ridge Neighborhood Center is the site of an Emerald City Contra Dance, from 7:30 to 10 p.m., and a 30-minute beginner’s workshop at 7 p.m.
The dance form goes way back so you’ll get a glimpse of history along with a workout. Couples dance in long paired lines that usually run the length of the hall and follow instructions of a caller. As the music plays, partners perform steps with other couples.
It might get stuffy if warm weather holds, so wear light, comfortable clothing and drink water. You don’t have to bring a partner, though.
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Ditching Dreamliners: United buys older, cheaper planes
- 100 drug arrests kick off new push against downtown crime
- Seahawks' toughness is not for everyone
Most Read Stories
The Phinney Ridge Neighborhood Center is at 6532 Phinney Ave N., Seattle. Find more information on this and other contra dances at seattledance.org.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: email@example.com.