Fit & Fun
October is a great time for a stroll in the Pacific Northwest, and Washington Volkssport clubs have responded by hosting walks each weekend. Here’s the lowdown on the next two:
On Saturday, the Daffodil Valley Volkssport hosts the Graham Frontier Park Walk, which traverses parts of the community tucked into the Cascade foothills. You can make your self-guided walk either 5 or 10 kilometers-long.
The park is at 21800 Meridian S., Graham. You can start walking anytime between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. Find details at www.daffodilvalleyvolkssport.com
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
Most Read Stories
On Oct. 26, the Emerald City Wanderers will host the annual Halloween Walk around Remlinger Farms (32610 N.E. 32nd St.) in Carnation. The walk begins between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Remlinger Farms will be hosting their annual Pumpkin Harvest Festival. Find details at www.walkingwithecw.org
And if you’re curious about Volkssports in general, check out www.esva.org.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org