Fit & Fun
October is a great time for a stroll in the Pacific Northwest, and Washington Volkssport clubs have responded by hosting walks each weekend. Here’s the lowdown on the next two:
On Saturday, the Daffodil Valley Volkssport hosts the Graham Frontier Park Walk, which traverses parts of the community tucked into the Cascade foothills. You can make your self-guided walk either 5 or 10 kilometers-long.
The park is at 21800 Meridian S., Graham. You can start walking anytime between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. Find details at www.daffodilvalleyvolkssport.com
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'
Most Read Stories
On Oct. 26, the Emerald City Wanderers will host the annual Halloween Walk around Remlinger Farms (32610 N.E. 32nd St.) in Carnation. The walk begins between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Remlinger Farms will be hosting their annual Pumpkin Harvest Festival. Find details at www.walkingwithecw.org
And if you’re curious about Volkssports in general, check out www.esva.org.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: email@example.com