Fit & Fun
The sixth annual Rock ’n’ Roll Seattle Marathon and Half Marathon returns Saturday, June 21, with about 18,000 runners expected to traverse the city past local bands and cheer squads.
Sir-Mix-a-Lot and The Presidents of the United States of America will perform post-race concert at Seattle Center.
The “running block party” starts at 7 a.m., from the John Street and Fifth Avenue North corner of Seattle Center. The race ends at the center, too. In between, Seattle bands will perform alternative and classic rock, punk, funk and blues along the route.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
Most Read Stories
Sunday, June 15, is the last day to register online for the race, but people can still sign up at the two-day Health & Fitness Expo, which will be open noon to 7 p.m., Thursday, June 19 and 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., June 20, at CenturyLink Field Event Center.
For details: runrocknroll.competitor.com/seattle/event-details
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: email@example.com