Fit & Fun
The sixth annual Rock ’n’ Roll Seattle Marathon and Half Marathon returns Saturday, June 21, with about 18,000 runners expected to traverse the city past local bands and cheer squads.
Sir-Mix-a-Lot and The Presidents of the United States of America will perform post-race concert at Seattle Center.
The “running block party” starts at 7 a.m., from the John Street and Fifth Avenue North corner of Seattle Center. The race ends at the center, too. In between, Seattle bands will perform alternative and classic rock, punk, funk and blues along the route.
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Your vote counts so little in today’s primary election, John Oliver joked about it on ‘Last Week Tonight’
- Ivar’s looks to sell, lease back two venerable restaurant sites
Most Read Stories
Sunday, June 15, is the last day to register online for the race, but people can still sign up at the two-day Health & Fitness Expo, which will be open noon to 7 p.m., Thursday, June 19 and 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., June 20, at CenturyLink Field Event Center.
For details: runrocknroll.competitor.com/seattle/event-details
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: email@example.com