Fit & Fun
Spring is at the doorstep, which means it’s time for the annual Seattle Bike Expo.
The event, hosted by the Cascade Bicycle Club, will be held Saturday and Sunday at Smith Cove Cruise Terminal, Pier 91. In addition to more than 250 booths of gear and fitness products, the Expo will offer opportunities to move, too.
This year’s Dirt Zone (for mountain bikers) will be expanded and there also will be “Big Wheel” races that feature big trikes.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
Most Read Stories
A fashion show, with riders from local bike groups modeling urban bike-fashion trends, will occur on Saturday.
Bike Works, a local nonprofit, will also be there to accept a donation of your old bike and get it working for various community programs. Your donation can get you a free ticket to the Expo (50 tickets available per day to the first 50 bike donors).
It will cost you $10 for a day pass or $12 for a two-day pass. Hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities
in the Greater Seattle area.
To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org