The National Wildlife Federation will conduct its fourth annual Hike & Seek event for kids and their parents at Seward Park on Saturday.
The outing, which begins at noon, aims to inspire a child’s sense of adventure by combining a nature hike and a scavenger hunt. The course will be a mile or two and dotted by interactive “Stop & Study” nature stations. Each station will have learning activities, including crafts and live wildlife displays.
Each young participant gets a Map & Mission Guidebook to direct the path. At the conclusion, each will receive an “Honorary Junior Naturalist” badge from Ranger Rick.
This year’s event will have a station highlighting an activity about trees that is themed around Disney Junior’s hit animated TV series “Jake and the Never Land Pirates.”
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Priced out? Growing numbers appear to be fleeing King County
- Amanda Knox murder conviction overturned by Italy high court
Most Read Stories
To learn more and sign up, go to www.hikeandseek.org.