Fit & fun
School’s out. Everybody hit the pool.
For instance, Renton’s Henry Moses Aquatic Center opens Saturday and will be open every day until Sept. 2.
The center, at 1719 S.E. Maple Valley Highway, boasts 26-foot-high water slides, a 9,000-square-foot leisure pool and a 3,300-square-foot, six-lane lap pool. The leisure pool includes a zero-depth entry, wave machine, water-spray play area, lazy river, island lagoon, two water slides, a water-play structure, toddler-water area and several spray features.
- WWU cancels classes after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- Turkey shoots down Russian jet it says violated its airspace
- Seattle Seahawks Tuesday ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched? And more
- Like teammate Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks rookie Thomas Rawls craves contact
Most Read Stories
And the center will celebrate 10 years of operation with an Aug. 16 tiki party from 8 to 10 p.m.
Renton’s Gene Coulon Memorial Park and Kennydale Park beaches on Lake Washington also open Saturday — with lifeguards — from noon to 8 p.m. each day.
Check with your local parks and recreation department for sites close to you. And if you or your child don’t swim well, enroll in lessons.
Fit & Fun is a weekly notice about active recreational opportunities in the Greater Seattle area. To suggest a future item, contact Richard Seven: firstname.lastname@example.org