Four healthy activities for the week of March 18-24 in the Seattle area.
Guided snowshoe walks, Mount Rainier: Check out 1.5-mile guided snowshoe walks for ages 8 and older, 12:30 and 2:30 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays through March 25; sign up one hour before each walk; Jackson Visitor Center, Paradise, Mount Rainier; $15/park entry fee; (360-569-6575 or 360-569-2211 or www.nps.gov/mora/).
Seattle Community Centers: Open houses at five Seattle Community Centers, from Queen Anne to Montlake and Yesler Way to learn about programs; free throughout the week. Check times and dates. (www.seattle.gov/parks
Wheeling Ladies: Cascade Bicycle Club 10-mile, women’s ride around Green Lake and to Capitol Hill, wine-bar stop; 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, Gas Works Park, 2101 N. Northlake Way, Seattle; free (www.cascade.org).
Family Bird Walk: For children ages 5-10 and their families, 1 p.m. Saturday, Seward Park Audubon Center, 5902 Lake Washington Boulevard S., Seattle; $3-$5, preregister (206-652-2444 or sewardpark.audubon.org).
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
Most Read Stories
Vegfest: Vegetarian-food festival, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday and March 25, Seattle Center Exhibition Hall, 299 Mercer St., Seattle; $8, ages 12 and younger free, tickets at the door (206-706-2635 or www.vegfest2012.org).