Verlasso farmed salmon from Chile is available in a variety of markets. To find one, check “Where to Buy” at www.verlasso.com. Many of the vendors listed are distributors; call the one in your area to find retail outlets.
Whole Foods Market says it is fully committed to sustainable seafood and buys only from farms that meet its detailed requirements, which specify salmon aquaculture policies on antibiotics, hormones, parasiticides, contaminant levels, environmental impact and many other factors.
Costco has worked with the World Wildlife Federation on sustainability issues since 2006 and is working with farmed salmon suppliers to implement standards set by the Aquaculture Stewardship Council.
Trader Joe’s has a stated policy of “shifting to sustainable sources.” The company’s website says, “We are in the process of developing a set of standards” for its farmed-salmon suppliers.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam