Verlasso farmed salmon from Chile is available in a variety of markets. To find one, check “Where to Buy” at www.verlasso.com. Many of the vendors listed are distributors; call the one in your area to find retail outlets.
Whole Foods Market says it is fully committed to sustainable seafood and buys only from farms that meet its detailed requirements, which specify salmon aquaculture policies on antibiotics, hormones, parasiticides, contaminant levels, environmental impact and many other factors.
Costco has worked with the World Wildlife Federation on sustainability issues since 2006 and is working with farmed salmon suppliers to implement standards set by the Aquaculture Stewardship Council.
Trader Joe’s has a stated policy of “shifting to sustainable sources.” The company’s website says, “We are in the process of developing a set of standards” for its farmed-salmon suppliers.
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Ditching Dreamliners: United buys older, cheaper planes
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- Seahawks' toughness is not for everyone