2-3 pound pork boneless sirloin roast, trimmed
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
4-5 cloves garlic, crushed
½ tablespoon coarse salt
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, conduct sit-ins in downtown Seattle
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin help UW Huskies rout WSU Cougars in Apple Cup
- With Luke Falk out, Peyton Bender will start at quarterback for WSU Cougars vs UW Huskies in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
4 limes, juiced
Zest of 4 limes
Lettuce leaves and/or tortillas, for serving
Pico de gallo, cilantro and avocado, for garnish
1. Poke three to five holes in pork with sharp knife and stuff with half of the crushed garlic. Brown pork in a skillet over medium-high heat. Combine remaining ingredients in blender on low and blend until smooth. Pour over pork and marinate for 10 minutes.
2. Place pork and marinade in a slow cooker on low for eight hours. Shred pork and return to cooker with 1 cup of the liquid. Cook an additional 15 to 30 minutes.
3. Serve in lettuce wraps or with tortillas. Top with pico de gallo, chopped cilantro and avocado.
— Adapted from a recipe in Reader’s Digest by The Austin American-Statesman.