A pizza breads recipe suitable for Super Bowl, from The Seattle Times archive.
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 medium shallot, peeled and minced
1 small clove garlic, peeled and minced
- As USS Ranger departs, Navy's cost dilemma takes off
- Seahawks courting a pair of cornerbacks as free agency looms
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Seattle's micro-housing boom offers an affordable alternative
- Live updates from the state boys basketball tournament
Most Read Stories
½ teaspoon dried basil
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 (8-ounce) package Italian bread shells (2 6-inch breads)
1 medium plum tomato, sliced
¼ pound tiny cooked shrimp, drained well
1 tablespoon drained capers
2 tablespoons drained sliced olives
½ cup grated low-fat mozzarella cheese
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots, garlic, basil and red pepper flakes; sauté 10 minutes.
2. Place the bread shells on a baking sheet. Place the tomato slices on top, followed by the shallot mixture, shrimp, capers, olives, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
3. Bake in a preheated 425-degree oven 10 minutes.
Note: Boboli bread was used in this recipe.
— From The Seattle Times archives, 1993