Serves 6 to 8
1 pint sour cream
1 cup cooked and cooled chopped clams, from approximately 2 dozen littleneck clams, or 2 small cans of chopped clams, with 3 tablespoons of their liquor
1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Kyle Seager saves Mariners, 7-6, in 10 innings
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
Most Read Stories
½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
½ teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
¼ teaspoon ground white pepper, or to taste
Spears of red bell pepper, celery and endive, or salted potato chips, for serving
1. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and clams and mix well.
2. Add the lemon juice, Worcestershire, cayenne pepper, salt and white pepper. Adjust seasonings to taste. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least an hour.
3. To serve, place a bowl of dip onto a platter with spears of red bell pepper, celery and endive, or with salted potato chips.
— The New York Times