3 pasteurized eggs
1/8 and 1 tablespoon sugar
1.5 ounces brandy or cognac
Most Read Stories
1.5 ounces bourbon
1.5 ounces molasses rum
8 ounces whole milk
8 ounces heavy cream
1. Separate egg whites from yolks and place them in separate bowls. Beat the yolks with an electric mixer until pale yellow.
2. Slowly add the 1/8 cup sugar. Mix for 30 seconds, then slowly add brandy, bourbon, rum and milk.
3. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add a tablespoon of sugar and mix for 20 seconds.
4. Add the egg white mixture to the yolk mixture.
5. In separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form and add it to the egg mixture.
6. Spoon contents together loosely and store in glass container in the back of the refrigerator, making sure it’s 45 degrees or colder.
7. Don’t open or mix the jar. Let it sit for at least a week. Sun Liquor suggests aging closer to a month.
8. When ready to serve, mix the eggnog with hand mixer and serve in chilled coupe. Top with a pinch of fresh ground nutmeg.
Recipe courtesy of Erik Chapman