Makes 4 to 6 servings
2 peeled garlic cloves
2 cups bread cubes, made with day-old bread cut in ½-inch cubes
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- Newcomers arriving in record numbers, but from where?
- Toppled fish truck makes a stinker of a commute Tuesday night
- Amazon devouring quarter of Seattle's best office space
Most Read Stories
Salt and pepper
2 ounces diced Spanish chorizo
1 bunch thin asparagus, about 1½ pounds, cut in 1- to 2-inch lengths
1 bunch scallions, chopped
½ teaspoon minced garlic
8 large eggs, beaten
½ teaspoon pimentón (Spanish paprika)
2 tablespoons roughly chopped Italian parsley
1. Put 3 tablespoons olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add peeled garlic cloves and let them sizzle until lightly browned, then remove. Add bread cubes, season with salt and pepper, lower heat to medium and gently fry until lightly browned and crisp, about two minutes. Remove bread and set aside to cool.
2. Add chorizo and fry lightly. Add asparagus, season with salt and pepper, and stir-fry until cooked through but firm, three to four minutes. Add scallions and minced garlic and cook one minute more.
3. Season eggs with salt, pepper and pimentón. Pour into pan and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, just until soft and creamy, two to three minutes. Add parsley and serve immediately, topped with the fried bread cubes.
David Tanis, The New York Times