Who wants to be tied to the bar during their party? Making a pre-mix for your signature cocktail saves precious time so all you have to do is shake it with ice, strain into a martini glass, garnish — and enjoy the festivities! Mixture can be made up to three days in advance and kept refrigerated.
Makes 8 servings
½ cup sugar
½ cup water
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
Most Read Stories
1 ½ cups vodka
1 cup white cranberry juice
¾ cup fresh squeezed pink grapefruit juice
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
1. Make a simple syrup by combining the sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a quick simmer and remove from heat. (Do not reduce.) Cool to room temperature.
2. Combine cooled sugar mixture and remaining ingredients in a pretty glass bottle. Refrigerate for up to three days in advance, until ready to use.
3. Measure ½ cup of the pre-mix into a cocktail shaker and fill with ice. Cap and shake vigorously. Strain into a large martini glass. Garnish with rosemary and float a frozen cranberry in drink.
© 2013 Kathy Casey Liquid Kitchen® , www.liquidkitchen.com