Serves six to eight
Unsalted butter, as needed
Kosher salt, as needed
1 pound pasta, such as farfalle, macaroni or shells
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- Breaking down the Seahawks' reported undrafted free agents
Most Read Stories
6 ounces Brie, rind removed and cheese cut into chunks
4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup mascarpone
3 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated (3/4 cup)
¾ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon finely grated nutmeg
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 2-quart gratin dish.
2. Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Cook pasta to al dente; drain well.
3. Transfer hot pasta to a large bowl and toss immediately with Brie and cream cheese until melted and smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, mascarpone and Parmigiano. Stir egg mixture into pasta. Season with pepper and nutmeg.
4. Turn pasta into prepared pan. Bake until golden brown and bubbling, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
By Melissa Clark, The New York Times