Serves six to eight
Unsalted butter, as needed
Kosher salt, as needed
1 pound pasta, such as farfalle, macaroni or shells
- As USS Ranger departs, Navy's cost dilemma takes off
- Brandon Marshall trade could have implications for Seahawks
- Seahawks courting a pair of cornerbacks as free agency looms
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Seattle's micro-housing boom offers an affordable alternative
Most Read Stories
6 ounces Brie, rind removed and cheese cut into chunks
4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cubed
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup mascarpone
3 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano, grated (3/4 cup)
¾ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon finely grated nutmeg
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 2-quart gratin dish.
2. Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil. Cook pasta to al dente; drain well.
3. Transfer hot pasta to a large bowl and toss immediately with Brie and cream cheese until melted and smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, mascarpone and Parmigiano. Stir egg mixture into pasta. Season with pepper and nutmeg.
4. Turn pasta into prepared pan. Bake until golden brown and bubbling, about 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
By Melissa Clark, The New York Times